Monday, January 3, 2011

Stuck

I've fallen into a writing rut it seems. My writing feels sluggish, tight, stilted, bogged down like a bug in a Roach Motel. I'm trying to write through it. I even joined an online journaling group hoping for inspiration; thus far the other members have been very warm and welcoming, and I feel at home.

I'm trying to use terms like "very", "actually", "so",  "much", and "really" more sparingly. They've been haunting my writing and clogging it up and I'm over it.

Maybe part of the problem is that I'm uncomfortable. Like, physically uncomfortable. Cold, to be precise. As warm as our temps have been this past week, even for Florida, this office still stays pretty chilly in the mornings and evenings.

Another issue has been time. As in, there hasn't been enough of it for writing. That could be changing.

My husband and I reached a difficult decision today, for me to discontinue my private tutoring. We've been homeschooling our kids for the past 22+ years, and I only have Matt for another five months and Rosie for two more years--IF she doesn't end up going to school next year. The time is too short for me not to give my all to them. I am at peace with the decision, although I seriously hate letting people down.

No comments: